Mission: The University's mission is to:
* provide high-quality undergraduate programs in the arts and sciences and professional fields, with emphasis upon those of special benefit to the citizens of Pennsylvania;
* offer superior graduate programs in the arts and sciences and the professions that respond to the needs of Pennsylvania, as well as to the broader needs of the nation and the world;
* engage in research, artistic, and scholarly activities that advance learning through the extension of the frontiers of knowledge and creative endeavor;
* cooperate with industrial and governmental institutions to transfer knowledge in science, technology, and health care;
* offer continuing education programs adapted to the personal enrichment, professional upgrading, and career advancement interests and needs of adult Pennsylvanians; and
* make available to local communities and public agencies the expertise of the University in ways that are consistent with the primary teaching and research functions and contribute to social, intellectual, and economic development in the Commonwealth, the nation, and the world.
The following data gives a quick reading on the scientific performance in the last years. The research ranking refers to the volume, impact and quality of the institution's research output. The innovation ranking is calculated on the number of patent applications of the institution and the citations that its research output receives from patents. Finally, the societal ranking is based on the number of pages of the institution's website and the number of backlinks and mentions from social networks.
Compared to its context
The result of the evaluation of the institution can be compared to obtain a view of the country, the region to which it belongs and the institutions of the world, placing it in their respective positions.
Compared to All sectors (percentiles)
Compared to Universities sector (percentiles)
These are the journals used by the institution's researchers to publish their work in the last year. The size of each circle represents the value of the SJR of the publication, and its spatial position represents its subject matter.
This visualizatión allows you to identify the knowledge areas where the institution has published, recognize the prestige of the scientific journals in which the institution knowledge has been published, and identify predominant scientific communities.
Where is the institution located?
Leave a comment
Embedding this widget into your website
Width: pxHeight: px
Just copy the code and paste it within your HTML code