Mission: As an outstanding educational community, Southwest Jiaotong University strives to become a center of academic excellence with international impact, characterized by top-tier research, independent and innovative thinking, and the highest-quality teaching. We promote interdisciplinary scientific innovation and combine basic research with the application of extensive knowledge in rail transit and experience handling a wide range of engineering challenges. Building on its tradition of “rigorous scholarship and stringent requirements”, Southwest Jiaotong University is dedicated to serving the society by preparing excellent graduates, leading the industry, and making an impact regionally and nationally.
Vision: - To advance to the forefront of world-leading technical universities, with a focus on transportation.
- To become a magnet for talented applicants from all over the world.
- To deliver high quality education with both Chinese characteristics and features unique to SWJTU, equipping our graduates with an innovative spirit, ethical values, and the highest state of knowledge, as well as the competence to shape the future and address the challenges of tomorrow.
- To create a culture of freedom, creativity, diversity, inclusion, and internationality across the university.
- To contribute to advancing the frontiers of knowledge in science and technology by providing cutting-edge research and making scientific breakthroughs that with impact.
- To contribute to modernizing China's transportation system, in addition to helping China to achieve a leading position in railway technology across the globe.
- To act as a think tank and provide support for national strategies and frontiers in disciplines nationally and internationally.
The following data gives a quick reading on the scientific performance in the last years. The research ranking refers to the volume, impact and quality of the institution's research output. The innovation ranking is calculated on the number of patent applications of the institution and the citations that its research output receives from patents. Finally, the societal ranking is based on the number of pages of the institution's website and the number of backlinks and mentions from social networks.
Compared to its context
The result of the evaluation of the institution can be compared to obtain a view of the country, the region to which it belongs and the institutions of the world, placing it in their respective positions.
Compared to All sectors (percentiles)
Compared to Universities sector (percentiles)
Ranks by Subject area
We have divided the scientific output of the institution into 19 large areas of knowledge and the following table shows only the ranks in different territorial domains achieved by the institution in each of the areas.
For an institution to have a presence in an area, it is necessary that it exceed in the last year a minimum output threshold equivalent to twice the percentage that this area represents in the world.
If you need scientific indicators on these areas visit Scopus and/or SciVal
These are the journals used by the institution's researchers to publish their work in the last year. The size of each circle represents the value of the SJR of the publication, and its spatial position represents its subject matter.
This visualizatión allows you to identify the knowledge areas where the institution has published, recognize the prestige of the scientific journals in which the institution knowledge has been published, and identify predominant scientific communities.
Where is the institution located?
Leave a comment
Embedding this widget into your website
Width: pxHeight: px
Just copy the code and paste it within your HTML code