Mission: The current mission includes the fundamental notes of the definition of the
Founder, expressing it in a contemporary language In this
has been revised and updated in the following terms:
To provide a solid ethical, humanistic and scientific training which, together with research and a suitable and demanding
teaching, allow this educational community to form
and act in the interest of the community.
society, with a maximum sense of responsibility
Vision: In order to fulfill the institutional mission, in the horizon to
2019, the University is conceived as a recognized institution
nationally and internationally by:
1. Excellence and high quality of its academic programs and the generation of relevant knowledge for the development of
society, which is expressed in:
- Commitment of the academic community to the Project
Institutional education, training in values and social responsibility.
- Training programs valued for their quality, relevance and integration between the different levels of training in higher education.
- Offer of training programs with the support of Information and Communication Technologies -ICT-, in
different levels and modalities, which have significantly expanded their scope and the impact of their projects
- High quality (training and performance) of its teaching staff in the development of their teaching and research functions,
extension and academic management.
- National and international leadership in the field of higher education due to the strength and relevance of its processes
- Research groups integrated into the national and international scientific field, externally recognized by their
contributions to the advancement of science and the impact of their work
in the environment.
- Consolidation of its doctoral schools and processes
of knowledge production with national and international impact.
- Academic innovation supported by developments in the
and technology that add value and bring to the
identity and institutional differentiation.
- Relevance of their work to advance towards a society
Colombia just and in peace, sustainable human development
and the cultural, social, political and economic growth of
- Significant progress in international evaluation and accreditation processes.
2. The protagonism of the Rosario community in the development of
the University and society, which is expressed in its
- Professional competence and academic, ethical and
- Capacity to relate to society, to identify
needs and problems of the environment in its fields of action, and to propose and develop projects that contribute to its
understanding and solution.
- Critical, constructive and responsible participation as co-manager of institutional development and improvement.
3. A culture of internationalization in teaching, research and extension, which is expressed in:
- Consolidation of an open educational environment that respects cultural diversity.
- Consolidation of the dynamics of interaction with national and international networks and academic groups.
- International recognition, certification and accreditation of courses, curricular components and degrees.
- Language proficiency by members of the university community, according to the purposes and
individual and institutional needs.
- Institutional participation and that of its academic communities in projects of academic, scientific and
- Mobility of the members of the university community
to and from the university.
- Strengthening of dual degree programs and joint programs with peer universities in the international arena.
4. To have efficient and sustainable organizational management conditions, infrastructure and technology, to develop
its educational project with quality standards, which is expressed in
- Structure and management processes that promote institutional development and ideal synergies between academia
and the administrative stuff.
- Dynamic academic and administrative management that responds
to the criteria of quality, excellence and efficiency.
- Revenues that have significantly increased those coming from teaching and that respond to various forms of
- Physical spaces and support resources according to the particular needs and projections of the University.
- Efficient and timely administration of technological support and updating and integration of the
information at the service of academic and administrative processes.
The following data gives a quick reading on the scientific performance in the last years. The research ranking refers to the volume, impact and quality of the institution's research output. The innovation ranking is calculated on the number of patent applications of the institution and the citations that its research output receives from patents. Finally, the societal ranking is based on the number of pages of the institution's website and the number of backlinks and mentions from social networks.
Compared to its context
The result of the evaluation of the institution can be compared to obtain a view of the country, the region to which it belongs and the institutions of the world, placing it in their respective positions.
Compared to All sectors (percentiles)
Compared to Universities sector (percentiles)
These are the journals used by the institution's researchers to publish their work in the last year. The size of each circle represents the value of the SJR of the publication, and its spatial position represents its subject matter.
This visualizatión allows you to identify the knowledge areas where the institution has published, recognize the prestige of the scientific journals in which the institution knowledge has been published, and identify predominant scientific communities.
Where is the institution located?
Leave a comment
Embedding this widget into your website
Width: pxHeight: px
Just copy the code and paste it within your HTML code