Mission: The mission of the Instituto de Salud Carlos III (ISCIII) is to contribute to improving the health of all citizens and to fighting diseases, through the promotion of research and innovation in Health Sciences and Biomedicine, and the provision of scientific-technical reference services and educational programs aimed at the National Health System.
In relation to this mission, the objectives of ISCIII are
- To promote research aimed at protecting and improving health, financing research of excellence and highly competitive through the Strategic Action in Health of the State R&D&I Plan, and facilitating greater participation in international R&D&I programmes and projects.
- Vertebrate research in the area of the National Health System (NHS), through its National Reference Centres, Research Institutes, Foundations, Networks, Consortiums and Scientific-Technical Service Platforms.
- To manage, develop and offer the whole of the State scientific-technical services of reference for the prevention and control of communicable and non-communicable diseases, environmental health, biological products and those potentially dangerous to public health.
- To offer scientific-technical advisory services to support decision-making in health technologies and health services in the National Health System.
- Develop educational programs aimed at the entire National Health System, and provide health information and scientific documentation services.
Vision: The ISCIII, in close coordination with other public bodies, should be constituted as the Spanish entity of international reference in the field of Public Health and Biomedical Research.
To achieve this vision, the values on which ISCIII's activity must be based are
- Social commitment, understood as the defence of equity, sustainability, quality and efficiency in the field of research and health.
- Scientific integrity, which guarantees compliance with all ethical aspects of research, confidentiality, control of conflicts of interest, veracity of results, and respect for authorship and intellectual property.
- Public responsibility, composed of honesty, willingness to serve, and materialized in the transparent management, the opening of channels for citizen participation, gender equality, continuous training, and defense of innovation and continuous improvement.
- The teamwork, forming and participating proactively in multidisciplinary teams, multi-centered, national and international, which actively participate in the development and evolution of ISCIII and its environment in the coming years.
Fundacion Centro de Investigacion en Enfermedades Neurologicas
Instituto de Investigacion en Enfermedades Raras
Instituto Nacional de Bioinformatica Madrid
Evolution of the institution
The following data gives a quick reading on the scientific performance in the last years. The research ranking refers to the volume, impact and quality of the institution's research output. The innovation ranking is calculated on the number of patent applications of the institution and the citations that its research output receives from patents. Finally, the societal ranking is based on the number of pages of the institution's website and the number of backlinks and mentions from social networks.
Compared to its context
The result of the evaluation of the institution can be compared to obtain a view of the country, the region to which it belongs and the institutions of the world, placing it in their respective positions.
Compared to All sectors (percentiles)
Compared to Health sector (percentiles)
Ranks by Subject area
We have divided the scientific output of the institution into 19 large areas of knowledge and the following table shows only the ranks in different territorial domains achieved by the institution in each of the areas.
For an institution to have a presence in an area, it is necessary that it exceed in the last year a minimum output threshold equivalent to twice the percentage that this area represents in the world.
If you need scientific indicators on these areas visit Scopus and/or SciVal
These are the journals used by the institution's researchers to publish their work in the last year. The size of each circle represents the value of the SJR of the publication, and its spatial position represents its subject matter.
This visualizatión allows you to identify the knowledge areas where the institution has published, recognize the prestige of the scientific journals in which the institution knowledge has been published, and identify predominant scientific communities.
Where is the institution located?
Leave a comment
Embedding this widget into your website
Width: pxHeight: px
Just copy the code and paste it within your HTML code