Mission: The University of West Attica, leveraging the creative collaboration and tireless efforts of the entire academic community, has set its multifold mission:
* To provide excellent education through high-quality undergraduate and postgraduate programs in a wide variety of scientific fields; to cultivate arts and culture so that its students can acquire the necessary skills for their scientific and professional careers, thus contributing to the social and economic development of the country.
* To produce and promote innovative scientific knowledge through research, which will contribute to the development of science and technology, creating the necessary conditions for the continued breeding of new researchers.
* To contribute to the formation of responsible citizens, with a social, cultural, scientific and professional conscience and respect for the universal values of justice, peace, freedom, democracy and social solidarity.
* To promote the mobility of teachers and students in the International and European Higher Education and Research Area so as to exchange knowledge and experience.
* To promote cooperation with other universities and research agencies in Greece and abroad, as well as with social and productive stakeholders, on a local, national and international level, with the aim of knowledge dissemination.
* To contribute to the development of vocational education and lifelong learning by creating and continuously improving innovative lifelong learning and training programs.
* To be in constant interaction with the Labor Market and Industry in order to contribute to the developmental needs of the Country.
Vision: The vision of UNIWA is to evolve and establish itself as a high-level academic and research institute at both national and international levels, while contributing to the current state-of-the-art scientific, social and economic challenges worldwide.
The following data gives a quick reading on the scientific performance in the last years. The research ranking refers to the volume, impact and quality of the institution's research output. The innovation ranking is calculated on the number of patent applications of the institution and the citations that its research output receives from patents. Finally, the societal ranking is based on the number of pages of the institution's website and the number of backlinks and mentions from social networks.
The result of the evaluation of the institution can be compared to obtain a view of the country, the region to which it belongs and the institutions of the world, placing it in their respective positions.
We have divided the scientific output of the institution into 19 large areas of knowledge and the following table shows only the ranks in different territorial domains achieved by the institution in each of the areas. For an institution to have a presence in an area, it is necessary that it exceed in the last year a minimum output threshold equivalent to twice the percentage that this area represents in the world. If you need scientific indicators on these areas visit Scopus and/or SciVal.
|Agricultural and Biological Sciences +||607th||379th||381st||537th||14th|
|Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular Biology||889th||585th||592nd||824th||24th|
|Business, Management and Accounting||861st||449th||470th||718th||17th|
|Earth and Planetary Sciences||549th||365th||379th||480th||18th|
|Pharmacology, Toxicology and Pharmaceutics||944th||506th||538th||798th||24th|
|Physics and Astronomy||675th||419th||418th||584th||13th|
|Social Sciences +||805th||464th||474th||711th||18th|
|Agricultural and Biological Sciences +||490th||260th||266th||425th||10th|
|Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular Biology||680th||344th||374th||603rd||11th|
|Business, Management and Accounting||834th||425th||448th||697th||17th|
|Earth and Planetary Sciences||463rd||283rd||296th||399th||13th|
|Pharmacology, Toxicology and Pharmaceutics||790th||310th||352nd||613th||10th|
|Physics and Astronomy||510th||286th||300th||442nd||8th|
|Social Sciences +||734th||400th||413th||655th||16th|
|Public Health, Environmental and Occupational Health||721st||391st||390th||615th||12th|
|Radiology, Nuclear Medicine and Imaging||809th||457th||449th||738th||14th|
|Public Health, Environmental and Occupational Health||579th||282nd||294th||476th||10th|
|Radiology, Nuclear Medicine and Imaging||576th||236th||244th||482nd||8th|
These are the journals used by the institution's researchers to publish their work in the last year. The size of each circle represents the value of the SJR of the publication, and its spatial position represents its subject matter.
This visualizatión allows you to identify the knowledge areas where the institution has published, recognize the prestige of the scientific journals in which the institution knowledge has been published, and identify predominant scientific communities.